Monday 16 November 2009

1st Module!!.. Fashion, Art and Culture.

I found the body of research required for this module difficult, i mainly relied on internet/book resources as visual information and drew very little as I don't find myself very creative in the art side of things.
I think I worked well through the design stage, becoming more creative with ideas, exhausting ideas. I put this down to choosing the right topic of research that inspired me the most (1930's Hollywood Glamour.) I enjoyed the beauty element of that era, bold red lips being the key inspiration I worked on! I believe they defined the era successfully!
I enjoyed the making of my artefact (advertising an exhibition), although I had to make the artefact 3D which I found a challenge, I used a slight relief which I found successfully subtle... Subtle is more in my nature than flamboyant and I believe this showed in my piece. Perhaps I should have challenged myself more...
I was pleased with my final piece and I enjoyed working with the materials, selecting materials carefully to make the artefact look professional and authentic.
I think this was a good project to begin with as it refreshed my mind with the history of fashion and cultures and I learnt a lot of new details within the lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment