Monday 22 February 2010

Creative Approaches to Fashion.

This brief required us to produce a portfolio of 20 successful drawings/images of people in contemporary clothing. Part 2 of the brief was to combine 2 bodies of research of an artist (I chose Eva Hesse) and a phrase (Skeletal.) The combination of research was to be explored to create a garment made from 3 deconstructed shirts, a man's, women's and a child's.

The portfolio of images did not intimidate me as much as I imagined, I think I felt more comfortable having taken the drawing elective previously. The image making workshops were quite abstract and images were produced quickly, different from the sustained drawing technique I had learnt in the elective.
I am proud of most of the images I produced and appreciate the abstract qualities of Fashion illustration, as the quality of drawing and proportions themselves appear under less scrutiny. I applied some of the techniques and style I had discovered during the elective, however the portfolio was to include a large variety, this pushed me to experiment more with materials and styles I wouldn't normally choose.
We were introduced to CAD and I especially liked the 'feather' and 'transparent' effects, these gave images a softer appearance which I prefer to bold images.

No comments:

Post a Comment