Monday 22 February 2010

Part 2 - Research Bodies and Garment.

Being provided with list of Artists and Phrases to choose from gave me quite a lot of freedom but also pressure to ensure I chose the right one of each to give maximum inspiration. I believe I made the correct choices and throughout my research bodies, as I was not happy with one aspect of 'Skeletal' I changed the theme to provided more inspiration.

I would say I struggled slightly through the research with experiments and image making, mainly because I found it very time consuming which added pressure. However I found that transferring images to inspire garment shapes was a good way to begin each experiment.

Working on the stand with calico and the shapes from my research was actually very difficult, it was difficult to avoid manipulating the fabric too much (such as pleats, gathers) as all my research referred only to shapes.

I believe my Ideas Sheets were the most successful pages within my body or research, they were very visual with fabric samples, drawings, images and photography all linked together. I am not happy with all of my research however I worked hard and realise I need to acquire more visual presentation skills and finesse within my pages.

Although pleased with the concept of my garment and with it's creativity, the appearance disappointed me. I think this is mainly due to it lacking in professionalism and structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment