Wednesday 26 May 2010

3rd year's design assistant - 21st April

Impressive use of drawings and visuals!



Tasks completed...



AM: My 3rd year introduced me to her concept (hiding a person's identity within an urban habitat) and showed me her final line-up. I thought this was a very thoughtful way to begin, as I then had a background knowledge of her work and could relate all tasks back to this.
I scanned all her research and design development pages into photo shop in order to place her collection logo down the side and achieve a professional finish (no texture/bulk) on every page.



PM: I went into Leeds city centre to source black lace and 2 metres of thin black ribbon. The black lace was difficult to find and I bought an inexpensive one from Leeds market. I think I should have checked with my 3rd year before buying as she hadn't been very specific but luckily it was only needed for sampling! Thin black ribbon was easy to source at Samual Taylors, 42p p/m.



What I had learnt: It was very beneficial to see her research and design pages as I often struggle with these. I took a note of her page layouts and what she had included in her annotation. They made a good visual impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment