Tuesday 25 May 2010

Creative Design Realisation

The Brief was to produce a Technical File consisting of construction and pattern cutting methods (notes, diagrams and samples.) Also a professionally constructed proto-type garment (top/ dress.) The garment had to contain creative darts, a facing, a zip and an element of fullness/flair.

This module suited me as I tend to work neatly and be quite precise... pattern cutting and construction required both these skills. Even though the module was extremely intense I really enjoyed it and feel that it is the most beneficial, most accomplished module so far! By repeatedly trailing pattern cutting methods, I began to feel a sense of confidence within pattern cutting and learnt a lot very quickly. However, a failed attempt at multiple darts did knock me back slightly and therefore I didn't attempt many more really creative darts as my peers did... with circles and semi circles etc. I will aim to trail these in future.

I found the industrial flat-bed sewing machines very difficult to use/adjust to as I had never used one before and they are extremely fast! However, I am really pleased with my final garment which only needs minor improvements to become completely professional!

I really appreciate the value of this module and feel as though I have achieved the best out of it as I possibly could (apart from the darts.) I have produced a thorough Technical File with detailed annotations to see me through my next 2 years and future modules!

No comments:

Post a Comment