Friday 20 May 2011

Design Realisation

This module was very fast paced and only lasted a short 3 weeks, this was initially a challenge for me in itself as I tend to work at a slower pace compared to others. However this is the realistic pace of the fashion industry and I need to be pushed to achieve this pace.

The brief consisted of a few factors; taking inspiration from current trends (shop reports), a vintage item and previously learnt tailoring techniques in order to design and manufacture a tailored garment for a chosen market level (I chose Middle market- Zara.)


Along with design and manufacture we were to produce a technical package for our design consisting of technical flats, pattern pieces, lay plans and garment specifications. I felt comfortable with this part of the brief as I enjoy being technical and the accuracy that goes with it, it makes a nice change from being constantly creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment