Sunday 22 May 2011

Research Practices- Brief Outline

Another module I was apprehensive at the beginning of, as research is a weak area of mine. I struggle to present it in a visually exciting format. However I felt grateful for this project as it is my last opportunity to improve on research before entering the 3rd year and my research got a poor mark within Application of Design.

We were given a flow-chart diagram within the brief documenting the various stages of research and design development, this I found extremely useful and I will continue to follow this within the 3rd year.

The brief required us to select 2 inspiring words from our year 2 contextual lecture programme and create a body of research based on each word.
We were then to select a page from each body of research to fuse together and develop further into ideas sheets based on one 3d element.
We were then to forward this 3d element into design sheets and produce our final chosen design as a toile.

The final area of the brief consisted of a statement of intent, outlining our plans for 3rd year; for example our concept, colour and silhouette direction, market level and techniques and processes we planned to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment