Sunday 22 May 2011

Favourite Module? Career Direction?

My favourite module or more specifically area of a module, was creating the trend book. I thoroughly enjoyed identifying a trend and providing visuals within a book format to inform an audience of this trend.
I under-took my own styling and samples to feature within the trend book and I still remain very proud of it today... which is surprising as it was the very first 2nd year module.

Generally I enjoy creating mood boards within my practice and identifying the details which allow a collection to work as a whole. I enjoy visualising and communicating a trend to an audience through stylised illustrations... it is the attention to detail which identifies the trend, from what the person is wearing to the way in which they are stood.. what bag they are holding.

My ideal profession would be as a stylist, especially for ASOS magazine, although commercial, I find their styling and shoots very innovative for the young contemporary audience.

I am unfortunately still searching for a work placement and considering broadening my horizons as I have recently been informed that a job as a stylist is rather un-achievable.
I admire the trend analysis' which WGSN provide and how they communicate this to an audience, I also have a flair for fashion writing as I tend to be very descriptive.

No comments:

Post a Comment